Constant notifications about different things from applications like Cash App can be annoying. Even after you try to take action, you may find that Cash App notifications won’t go away. The updates about your account balance, transactions, and direct deposit notifications can interrupt your focus.
So, it is essential to find out their reasons and resolutions. A good way to avoid getting so many notifications in Cash App is to clear unchecked ones. Force quitting the app and examining in-app settings also makes them disappear. A bug in the app can also be a cause. So, you need to fix it. Keep reading as we lay out the best ways to make Cash App notifications go away.
Why Won’t Cash App Notifications Go Away?
There are multiple reasons behind notifications and pop-ups coming constantly on your phone. These include:
- You still haven’t read all notifications on the app: There are some alerts that need you to take some action. Unless you do so, they will keep popping up.
- A poor internet connection: You cannot delete previous notifications in the presence of a poor internet connection.
- You are using an old app version: If your Cash App version is outdated, chances are that the alerts will not be deleted even after finishing the transaction.
- The Cash App has an internal glitch: There’s an unexpected glitch with the hardware or software of the application. This is causing unexplained notification pop-ups.
- The Cash App servers are down: Sometimes, the application may experience downtime. So, you will have to keep up with getting notifications from it.
- You have enabled notification settings: If you’ve mistakenly turned on notification settings in the application, you will keep getting alerts constantly.
- There are pending transactions: In the case of pending transactions on the application, the notifications will only stop once you complete them.
Read Also – How To Borrow Money From Cash App
Fixes to Clear Cash App Notifications
Now you can follow these techniques to stop getting constant notifications in the app.
1. Switch off Cash App notifications.
Use these pointers to disable notifications on your Cash App.
- Go to the iPhone’s settings.
- Select ‘Notifications.’
- Now, select ‘Cash App’ from the different apps.
- Turn off the option to get notifications from it.
- Head to the settings application.
- Here, touch ‘Apps & notifications.’
- Select ‘Cash App.’
- Choose the ‘App Notifications’ option.
- Disable the option to get notifications.
2. Disable notifications at the app level
You can also disable notifications at the app level. Follow these pointers after opening Cash App.
- After launching the app, touch the ‘Profile’ icon.
- Now, hit the ‘Notifications’ button by scrolling down.
- You will notice a list of notification settings for the app.
- Enable or disable each kind of alert.
- Just toggle its switch to on or off.
POINT TO NOTE: If you want to turn off alerts for receiving a payment in the app, you can disable its specific notification. Similarly, if you do not want to be notified about sending money, or getting a cash boost offer, turn off their specific notifications.
- After making changes in the notification settings on the app, touch the back button.
- This will save these changes.
- Now you won’t find push notifications on Cash App about different things.
3. Read the alerts
If there are unread notifications, they will keep popping up, especially those that need you to do something. So, you can either go through the alerts once and take some action or block them altogether.
For example, if there are pending transactions, you can clear them permanently by finishing the transaction.
Go to ‘Settings’ in the application and configure it in a manner that lets you get the alerts of only those that you want.
4. Find out whether the servers are down.
You will find that your Cash App notification won’t go away if the app itself is down. The app has an enormous base of users and so can certainly experience downtime. In this case, you will keep getting notified whether you choose it or not. The only solution is to wait until the app server is restored.
5. Log in again to the app.
Logging in and out of the application can help if there’s a virus or a glitch in your app. This process resolves the problem by breaking down the connection between your server and account. So, if you are bothered by constant notifications, log out of the application and, after some time, log in again.
6. Force restart your Cash App.
Another way to clear and stop notifications coming on Cash App is force restarting the app. Android users should navigate to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Apps.’ Choose Cash App and then the option to ‘Force Stop’ it.
iPhone users should double-tap the ‘Home’ button and swipe right or left to locate Cash App. Now, swipe up to stop the application.
A Like Post – Cash App Bank Name
The measures to clear Cash App notifications and make them go away are very straightforward. They usually indicate a temporary issue with your app, phone, or signal strength. However, if the measures listed above do not help you, contact the helpful customer support team of the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are push notifications on my Cash App?
Push notifications are alerts that you receive on your phone. These come from your Cash App accounts and inform you about important account-related updates. But if they occur constantly, you must contact the customer support team of the app.
Is Cash App having problems?
Find out the status of the Cash App server by going to the official status page of the app. Here you can determine if there are any issues with the Cash App servers or other related problems.
What should I do if my Cash App alerts are stuck on the lock screen?
Your notifications on Cash App may be stuck on the lock screen if there is an excessive cache or an issue with your phone. Restart the phone, clear the cache, and re-enable Cash App.